The river municipality of Bryson has a family-oriented, community-based vibe. Its welcoming residential neighbourhoods and numerous recreational associations reflect this feeling. Children’s laughter blends harmoniously with the sound of the waves against its shores, forming a backdrop that makes residents never want to leave, whether they were born in or are new to Bryson.
- 4 km2 (area of the municipality!)
- 592 residents
- 10 -minute drive to Shawville
- 30 -minute drive to Renfrew, Ontario
How we stand out
- The village appears to be nestled in a crater. From the overlooking highway, Bryson can be seen from a different perspective—practically from a bird’s-eye view.
- To support the municipality’s community spirit and inspire people to get involved, volunteers started Bryson Revitalization and the Bryson Recreation Association—community organizations that also have a virtual reach on Facebook.
- The Parc du Club des Lions is a gathering place in the community for sports activities.
- Near Bryson, the Ottawa River has some international-calibre rapids. It is possible to brave the rapids and admire the shoreline in a canoe or kayak, or even while rafting with Rafting Momentum.
We have everything nearby!
- We have a beach, a boat launching ramp, a market, restaurants, a motel, a hardware store, a gas station, a hairdressing establishment, and more!