It is said that on this Ottawa River island there are more cows than people! This gives you a glimpse into the place where permanent and seasonal residents pursue their passions in the great outdoors while living in harmony with nature. Agriculture is a key sector of activity, but tourism is another, as the island attracts outdoor enthusiasts, particularly those who enjoy rafting, whitewater kayaking, fishing, and hunting.
- 1 of 2 hopyards in the Pontiac region—Houblon Grand Calumet
- 1 French elementary school
- 1 municipal beach (Côtes Jaunes)
- To see the island in a different light while getting your adrenaline flowing, you can book a rafting excursion with HorizonX Rafting, which allows the most adventurous among us to go to the Rocher Fendu canal and raft down its internationally renowned rapids.
- To showcase the tourist attractions, culture, and heritage of the beautiful municipality, the Groupe de L’Île-du-Grand-Calumet organizes numerous activities and events.
We have everything nearby!
- Even though the island is large for those who live there and even though it is near big cities, its residents are organized and motivated. Nearby you can find a hairdressing establishment, a hardware store, a dépanneur, a gas station, a coffee shop, and much more!
Anything is possible
- On the island, you can go anywhere by ATV, not just on the 100 km of the Pontiac region’s provincial trails that come all the way here! The same is true for snowmobiles!
- Cyclists can travel safely on paved or gravel roads that are located all over the island. Off-road biking enthusiasts have access to quite an area, particularly near Rocher Fendu and on Chemin Deer Lane.