Shawville is surrounded by the municipality of Clarendon and is considered to be the shopping destination of the Pontiac region. Charming and vibrant, it is home to about fifty unique businesses, such as restaurants and nice clothing boutiques, shoe stores, artisan shops, and decoration boutiques. Its downtown area is bordered by imposing ancestral, Victorian homes that stand proudly. Shawvillites are very involved in their community and are committed to the vitality of their main street.
- 1 English elementary and secondary school
- 1 continuing education centre
- 3 parks, including Mill Dam Park where it is possible to pitch a tent for free
- 1 arena with a skating rink, four locker rooms, and a snack bar—a classic!
- The Expo Shawville Fair is the biggest event in the Pontiac region. Each year, between 20,000 and 30,000 people go to visit the various artisan booths, take a look at the animals and agricultural machinery, enjoy the rides, take part in the many contests, and, above all, celebrate together.
- With its pies, doughnuts, pastries, and buns, the Pontiac Home Bakery, the sweetest bakery in Eastern Canada, certainly has something to please everyone with a sweet tooth.
- The Pontiac Hospital is one of the main employers in the area. Are you looking for a job in the field of health care? There is surely one that is right up your alley!
We have everything nearby!
- We have restaurants, grocery stores, a butcher’s shop, garages, a hardware store, a gas station, a pharmacy, a residential and long-term care centre (CHSLD), a wellness centre for yoga, a dental clinic, an optometry clinic, and even the Pontiac Historical Museum!