In Thorne, vast spaces are greatly valued! For those looking for a more isolated, private property to benefit from the peace and quiet of a rural life while being close to Shawville, the “downtown” area of the Pontiac region, Thorne is a destination of choice. Vacation enthusiasts want to stay or come back thanks to numerous ATV trails and magnificent lakes in the municipality.
- 1 hour’s drive from Ottawa and Gatineau
- 173 km2 (area of the municipality!)
- 10 000 festival-goers attend Oktoberfest Ladysmith each year
- The main local gathering place is the Ladysmith Hotel. A popular stop for motorcyclists and snowmobilers, as well as for Gatineau residents, this restaurant—which is not a hotel—is known for its atypical decor and famous chicken wings.
- The Thorne Community Recreation Association organizes all types of activities, such as a family day and a children’s Christmas party. It also manages the library.
Anything is possible
- In Thorne, German culture is showcased. For the past nearly 40 years, the largest Oktoberfest in Quebec has taken place in the municipality. People from near and far come to this popular festival to enjoy the music—and beer!
- Are you looking for a business to take over to make your entrepreneurial dreams come true? The dépanneur is for sale! It is an interesting business opportunity and near other local businesses, such as a gas station, hardware store, and garage!
- Nestled in the heart of 75 acres of forest near Johnson Lake, Prunella is currently building cabins that will be available to rent, so that you can connect with nature through all of your senses.